Global Entrepreneurship Week will be officially celebrated in Sierra Leone for the first time, from November 13 to November 17, 2017. The one week program aims to promote GEN SL, raise awareness of value creating entrepreneurship, and celebrate entrepreneurship.
We have secured as communication partner the AYV TV station. This is the most popular TV station in the country.
We will take part in two radio and two TV programs to discuss the importance of building an ecosystem that supports entrepreneurship.
We have two co -host, Sensi Tech Hub and Limkokwing University.
Our co-host, Sensi Tech Hub is building a technology innovation community in Sierra Leone that will drive economic and social development through providing an open and stimulating community hub for young technologists and entrepreneurs to come together, develop their ideas and access cutting-edge tech, events, incubation programmes and training.
Most of the GEW 2017 events will be held at Sensi Tech Hub.
Our co-host, the Sierra Leone chapter of the Limkokwing University of Creative Technology. Limkokwing University of Creative Technology is an international University with a global presence across Asia, Africa and Europe. Founded in 1991, the University has established worldwide recognition through its innovative brand of creative education merging the best of East and West learning.
As Co-host, Limkokwing Sierra Leone will host the finals of the GEW 2017 Freetown Pitch Competition. This is the main event of the GEW Sierra Leone 2017 celebrations.
The finals will see a winner emerged as the GEW Sierra Leone 2017 Entrepreneur. The winner will get a paid to the Global Entrepreneurship Congress.
The week will take place in just two locations in the country:
- Freetown- the capital city
- Makeni- at the University of Makeni
With 10 events, GEW will focus on 4 themes: entrepreneurial culture, entrepreneurial education, digital technology and innovation, and social entrepreneurship. We expect a total of 400 attendants throughout the week. Media coverage will be available for all events.
Global Entrepreneurship Week Sierra Leone 2017, will highlight:
- GEN Global and its programs for Sierra Leone
- The importance of Value creating Entrepreneurship
- Looking for Entrepreneurial Opportunities
- Start-up strategy- in partnership with Cordaid Business Clinics
- Incentives and facilities offered to start-ups
The main highlight of the week, is the Freetown Pitch Competition. The preliminaries will be held from Monday 13th to Wednesday 15th, with the finals on Thursday 16th. This event will feature some of the most innovative start-ups in Sierra Leone.
We expect to have 300 guests at the finals on November 16th . Half of these will be students, while the others are mix of members of the diplomatic community, donor agencies, Government, Members of Parliament and Corporate leaders
The Pitch Competition is in partnership with our main partners, Cordaid and Sensi Tech Hub.
Our main sponsors for the event is Mutzig, Africell and Innovation SL.
In addition to the Pitch Competition, we will have one of the most prominent entrepreneur in Sierra Leonean, Melvin Foday Kamara to share his story.
The “Looking for Entrepreneurial Opportunities” will target upper high school student and nascent entrepreneurs. Among the students are 25 invited secondary school girls.
A workshop on “Start-up strategy- Problem Definition and Mapping your Value Proposition” will conducted by GEN SL, Innovation SL and Cordaid.
One event will feature how Innovation is changing and the opportunities open to entrepreneurs in Sierra Leone.
During the week attendants will be able to:
- Learn about GEN and its programs
- Meet and network with local start-ups and entrepreneurs
- Learn how to spot Business Opportunities
- Lean how to define a business problem and build a value proposition
- Learn and share insights to start and grow firms from one of the most successful Sierra Leonean entrepreneur.
- Meet with corporate leaders to build relationships
- Meet with Donor agencies supporting Entrepreneurship activities in Sierra Leone
- Have valuable information from leaders in the field on the key elements of ecosystems that encourage business growth and promote innovation.
- Contribute to the construction of the entrepreneurial ecosystem of Sierra Leone
Leading the events is GEN Sierra Leone and Innovation Sierra Leone. We have solid co-hosts and implementation partners.
The main sponsor for GEW Sierra Leone 2017 is Mutzig.
For partnership, sponsorship and speaking opportunities, please contact Tanneh Kumba Koroma at email@example.com
Mutzig-A Taste of Success